Sleep is a toughy and I swear I've used pretty much every item recommended to me to help Raegan sleep. Since she had sleep apnea we did have to do a few extra things for her because it wasn't good for her to sleep on her back. Swaddling was a life saver for us which is why I have more than 1 type on this list. I know I'm set for when Hudson arrives because we have tried everything with Raegan!
1. Graco Pack 'n Play- This is a necessity. Well at least in our house it was. It has this amazing bassinet that can be removed and placed anywhere in the house. Kitchen, bathroom, living room, or anywhere else you need baby to be. And the attached changing table makes it just perfect to put in your bedroom before baby moves to their nursery.
2. Fisher Price Rock 'n Play- Raegan quickly grew out of her bassinet in her pack 'n play and the rock n' play was the next step. She slept in it until she was 4 months old. For awhile next to our bed then around 3 months we moved her into her nursery. Then transitioned to her crib around 4 months.
3. Halo Bassinest- I've heard this guy is the bomb! It sits right next to your bed and has a side that bends down so you can easily bring baby into bed to nurse, then back into the bassinest. AND the dockatot (the next item) fits in in perfectly!
4. DockATot- This guy is NEW NEW NEW! And I want one! Must have, I don't know. But for me, I want it! I like the idea of the bassinest, but I know baby would need to feel snuggled and comfy, which is where the dockatot comes in. Keeps baby nice and snug and can be moved to their crib when they are ready too!
EDITED: Now that Hudson has been born, I can't say enough good things about it. You can move it anywhere so baby can sleep anywhere. Including when we aren't at home. He can easily sleep anywhere. It's kind of like his lovey. I am actually getting the next size up next week. It is a little pricey, but worth it and can be used over again for future babies.
5. Summer Infants Monitor- For me a monitor is a top must have. I like being able to look at Raegan whenever I need and I can link multiple cameras to the video monitor so all we have to do is buy another camera for Hudson's room.
6. Angel Care- Raegan had severe sleep apnea when she was little and worried about not breathing throughout the night. With her sleeping in the rock 'n play she was elevated which helped her breathe, but when she moved to the crib and chose to sleep on her tummy, I was a wreck, until Angel Care. It goes under the mattress and detects if baby stops breathing. An alarm goes off so you can attend to baby right away. I'm sure we will use it with Hudson too when we move him to his crib.
7. Aden and Anais Swaddles- I loved wrapping Raegan in these. Now girlfriend was way too good at breaking free, so we didn't use these to sleep in, but we used these for naps and in the carseat. She was a summer baby and these were thin enough that she didn't get too hot.
8. SwaddleMe Swaddles- These were the best! They velcro and baby is nice and snug!
9. The Miracle Blanket- Once Raegan started breaking out of her swaddle we moved to the miracle blanket. If you have a houdini who can get out of any swaddle, this is the answer to your prayer. It's like a double swaddle. Baby's arms are swaddled down next to them then swaddled around them. It does take some practice to get it right, but once you do, it's all worth!
10. Boppy Lounger- This is a great little pillow for baby to hang out on and take cat naps on. Especially when they are a new born.
11. HoMedics Sound Spa- Raegan is 15 months and still sleeps with this one. She loves it and it helps drown out any extra noise around the house. For Hudson, poor guy, it'll be drowning out Raegan's screams more than likely.
12. Wubanub- This paci is the best! I loved the little stuffed animal on the end because when she was first born, I could swaddle it into her swaddle and it would keep the paci in her mouth. Then it kind became her thing, her wubi as we called it. She was never found without it.
13. The Ollie Wrap- This is not an item we've used yet, but I've heard great things, so I'd love to try it with Hudson.
Make sure you stop by tomorrow for the "play" Must Haves Series!