Now you have a choice. You can let it all get to you and tell yourself the day cannot be redeemed. Or you can pick yourself up off the floor, decide to turn the day around, and be a better mom. How do you be a better mom you might ask? It's easy! Stand up, take a deep breath, and grab today by the horns!
Sometimes we feel that to be a good mom we have to be the best mom all the time. The mom who always has it together. The mom who plans amazingly creative crafts or we have to take them on multiple play dates a week, but honestly, you can be a better mom by just doing 1 of these quick fixes. The day is not lost. It can be turned around!
1. Give high fives
2. Race from one end of the house to the other
3. Give eskimo kisses
4. Cuddle up and read a book
5. Do jumping jacks
6. Make silly faces
7. Blow bubbles in a glass of chocolate milk
8. Hold their hand while you watch a TV show
9. Jump on the bed
10. Tell them how proud of them you are
11. Sing their favorite song
12. Share their favorite snack
13. Play in the dirt
14. Run through the sprinklers
15. Head to the neighborhood pool
16. Go for a walk around the block
17. Build a tower out of legos
18. Take silly pictures
19. Play dress up with mommy and daddy's clothes
20. Choose joy.
Choose to make today a better day! And if all else fails, say a prayer that tomorrow is a better day.
If your day didn't start off on the right foot, don't let the rest of the day follow suit! Take a few minutes to enjoy your babies. It only takes a few seconds and it can change your day and attitude right around.
Take a chance! What do you have to lose? I promise you won't be disappointed.